The chemical K-2 is available in 3 forms as follows giving the
same results. Application of K-2 Passivation solution is a must after the
application of all forms of K-2 chemical in order to avoid further corrosion and
It is used to clean weld seams and the
areas surrounding the welds.
HOW TO APPLY K - 2 PASTE
1. S1-56 - Degreaser (Removal of oil 50gm/lit.)
Apply liquid S1-56 - Degreaser on to the surface for
minutes. Then wash the surface thoroughly with water.
2. K-2 paste is to be applied on the weld seam and surrounding
area with a brush.
3. Leave the K-2 paste on the weld seam for 15-45 minutes
depending on the thickness of the oxide scale.
4. Scrub the surface with a plastic bristled brush and then wash
surface thoroughly with water.
5. Apply K-2 passivation on the surface and leave it for 10 – 15
6. Wash the surface thoroughly with water.